Thursday, March 22, 2012

Traffic report from North Snake Valley

Here's what traffic looked like in North Snake Valley recently.

By the way, if you plug in Ibapah into your GPS, you might not want to follow the directions.
The GPS wanted us to go up Granite Canyon, proceed past the wilderness study area (where the road has been blocked off for at least ten years and is no longer drivable for portions beyond), up and over the crest of the Deep Creek Mountains (which should have a few feet of snow at the top), and drop down into Ibapah on the other side (when was the last time that road was driven?).

I had to unplug the GPS for awhile because the constant updating got on my nerves. Once we got up to Callao, I plugged it back in, certain that now I would get decent directions. Nope. The GPS kept wanting me to turn off the main road onto rugged two-tracks that went north, away from Ibapah!

Now I have a better understanding of how people get lost way out in the middle of nowhere. Here's my advice: Do not use the GPS instructions if they seem wrong! Use your common sense!

Anyone else have any interesting GPS adventures in Snake Valley?
Here's one.

No comments:

Post a Comment