Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ranching Exhibit Metalwork

 The other day, as we were coming down the mountain, my son wanted to stop at the Ranching Exhibit. We hadn't stopped there for at least a year and had some extra time, so I was happy to oblige. I quickly remembered why I like stopping there. The views are fantastic, and worth taking a few extra minutes to enjoy. And then there's the exquisite metalwork, designed and made by Kathy and Bill Rountree.

The amount of detail is fantastic! Just take a look at that lasso. Or the reins. Or the spokes on the wagon wheels. There are three scenes--a barn and farm animals, the one above of moving cattle, and a third of sheep herding. I don't want to show them all here right now in too much detail. Instead, take the time to check them out yourselves! And the best part, the Ranching Exhibit is open 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day. Of course you might be able to see better in the daylight!

No comments:

Post a Comment