Thursday, September 29, 2011

Recycling


We still don't have a recycling location in Snake Valley, but at least it's become easier to tote our recyclables with the opening of a recycling center in Ely. It's a partnership between the BLM and J&M Trucking.

It's super easy--just pull up and put your recyclables into the correct containers. I usually have my kids with me, so I'm hoping that they are learning some good lessons. I grew up recycling, so it was hard to come to Snake Valley and not recycle. I cringed many times when I threw things in the garbage can, knowing that they could be recycled. I realized that the long distances just made it economically unfeasible, but I'm hoping that this Ely solution will help remedy that. Kudos to the BLM for making it happen!

And many thanks to J&M for being involved by hosting the containers and then hauling the recyclables to recycling facilities. For more info, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment